Explore a region of Europe where culture and history go back centuries ago. Ride in some of the most famous routes of the recent times, such as the Transfagarasan or the Transalpina. See landscapes of unique beauty.
Start / Finish
A couple of days with 6-8 hours on the saddle (depends on your experience level). Most days with average of 4-6 hours on the saddle.
100% paved. A large amount of this tour runs on “challenging” roads: narrow, secondary mountain routes with never-ending corners. Continuous ascending/descending hairpins are often present.
Map image of the tour coming soon.
- Lake Kerkini in Greece,
- the Rhodope Mountains in Bulgaria & Greece,
- the Carpathian Mountains in Romania,
- the Pirin National Park in Bulgaria (UNESCO natural reserve)
- Buzludza monument, Bulgaria
- Sibiu, Romania
- Câlnic Citadel, (UNESCO world heritage site), Romania
- Alba Julia, Romania
- The Historic Centre of Sighișoara (UNESCO world heritage site), Romania
- Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
- Rupel WWII fortress, Greece
- Amfipolis Lion, Greece
- Archaeological Site of Philippi (UNESCO world heritage site)
Image gallery of this tour coming soon
Roads ! What type of riding should you expect
This tour will take us mostly to mountainous regions and secondary roads, where traffic is often absent. You will ride scenic routes and famous roads such as the Transfagarasan & the Transalpina roads, in Romania! But also roads that are not famous but are nonetheless equally rewarding and fun.
More details coming soon!
Images of roads from this tour coming soon!
Day 1: Arrival to Thessaloniki.
We will pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel. Late in the evening the group will have a welcome dinner and we will also do some briefing and discuss the tour.
Day 2: Thessaloniki city tour
A day to acclimatize after a possibly long flight, offers the chance to to do a guided city tour.
Day 3: Thessaloniki – Pirin national Park (Bulgaria).
Day 4: Pirin – Vratsa
Day 5: Vratsa – Novaci (Romania)
Day 6: Novaci – Sibiu
Day 7: Sibiu rest day, option for local short ride to Sighisoara
Day 8: Sibiu – Pitesti
Day 9 : Pitesti – Castelul Bran and Brasov
Count Dracula’s place!
Day 10 : Castelul Bran – Bucharest
Day 11: Bucharest – Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
Day 12: Veliko Tarnovo – Plovdiv
Day 13: Plovdiv, rest day
Day 14: Plovdiv – Kavala (Greece)
Day 15: Kavala – Ouranoupolis
Day 16: Ouranoupolis – Thessaloniki
Day 17: Fly out.
|(all prices in euros)||Rider, sharing room||Pillion passenger|
|BMW F 700 GS||5,030||2,900|
|BMW F 750 GS||5,230|
|BMW R 1200 GS||5,680|
|BMW R 1200 R||5,610|
|Single room supplement||775|
Booking deposit : 850 euros
Outstanding payment: no later than 45 days prior to tour start.
- Minimum participation of 4 riders is required. For 3 riders or less, or single private tour, the cost is higher. Please contact us for a quote.
- For a self-guided tour price quote, please contact us mentioning possible or required dates.
1 July – 17 July
What is Included in the price you pay
– 16 nights accommodation (including the day you arrive to Thessaloniki and last night again in that city) and 16 breakfasts
– 5 diners.
– Airport transfers on arrival and departure
– Experienced lead guide on a motorcycle, English speaking.
– Driver and support vehicle for luggage (1 per person) and passengers (2 seats)
– Rental of BMW Motorcycle, with side panniers and top case.
– 3rd party liability insurance
– motorcycle damage and theft coverage with insurance excess (varies per model)
– Tour booklet containing information, maps with routes highlighted, waypoints, coordinates, contacts etc
– All taxes
– Fuel & tolls
– Lunches & snacks during the riding hours & drinks
– Personal daily expenses & tips
– Fees for local museum/site guides (to archeological sites, museums, outdoors activities)
– Entrance fees to archeological sites and museums
– Cost of optional side-activities (rafting etc.)
– Personal travel insurance
– Visas (if required)
– Anything else not described as “included”.
STAY UP TO DATE!
Subscribe to our newsletter to know about changes in this tour, offers, or new tour announcements!