The motorcycle tour of Peloponnese is an all time classic. The tour that combines all the history elements you can get in one trip, together with simply great riding routes. From some of the world’s greatest heritage sites to emerald beaches, and from coastal winding roads to alpine passes and mountainous country roads. Dramatic landscape changes, empty roads, great vistas, delicious cuisine, excellent hotels.
Start / Finish
Most days with average of 4 hours on the saddle.
100% paved. A good amount of this tour runs on “challenging” roads: narrow, secondary mountain routes with never-ending corners. Continuous ascending/descending hairpins are often present.
- Quite a few important cultural places await you, all of them UNESCO World heritage sites :
- the ancient Mycenae.
- the ancient Epidaurus.
- The byzantine site of Mystras (where the last emperor of Byzantium was crowned)
- the ancient temple of Apollo in Bassae
- the birth place of the Olympic games, the ancient Olympia.
- The old town of Nafplion with its medieval castle of Palamidi.
- the area of Mani
- the medieval fortified city of Monemvasia (“Gibraltar of the East”)
- the subterranean river in the caves of Diros
LET US TEASE YOU !
a TASTE of what you will see :
Roads ! What type of riding should you expect
This tour combines all levels of paved roads, but mostly you will be riding on small country side and mountainous roads. We have added the best biking routes of the Peloponnese and connected them with the points of cultural interest that you will be visiting.
The mountain roads are narrow, and most often you will see no traffic!
There are sections with lots of hairpins, some of them tight, so you should be comfortable riding those.
Day 1: Arrival to Athens.
We will pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel. Late in the evening the group will have a welcome dinner and we will also do some briefing and discuss the tour.
Day 2: Tour commences, ride to ancient Olympia
The group assembles and we leave busy Athens. We ride over the mountains of Arcadia and to numerous traditional villages of historic importance, located on slopes,with stone built houses. Castles, towers and churches built centuries ago show their grandeur. Then we gradually descent to the plains of Ilia region and to the ancient site of Olympia.
Day 3: Arcadia province.
We visit the Temple of Apollo and then we return in the province of Arcadia, riding on narrow twisty roads over mountainous landscapes.
Day 4: Agritourism retreat in Laconia province
We cross Arcadia and we head southeast. We always remain on mountainous roads and the riding is simply fantastic. Towards the end of the day, we descent and reach our destination for the next 2 days, an eco-lodge retreat in the heart of an old olive grove. Prepare to immerse yourself in genuine traditions.
Day 5: Retreat- Monemvasia – Retreat
We ride to the medieval fortified town of Monemvasia, nicknamed “the Gibraltar of the East”. After our visit there, you have an option to ride to a nearby coast, for a swim to one of the most beautiful beaches of Greece. We return to our eco-lodge where the chef will prepare an organic, traditional and zero km meal, using organic vegetables combined with local delicacies in order to offer you a unique gastronomic experience.
Day 6: rest day in Laconia province, in the retreat
Local cuisine cooking class with a twist and lunch! Learn the secrets of the local Laconic gastronomy with the guidance of the farm chef. Prepare and bake your own sourdough bread made with locally sourced and milled organic flour. Pick the vegetables and herbs you need from organic gardens and herb spiral and prepare your own local cuisine traditional meals with a twist.
Learn all the secrets of the green gold of Greece, our olive oil. Lear how to distinguish a fresh extra virgin olive oil and the eatable Greek olive varieties. Meet the perennial olive trees that age more than 2000 years – you can even hide in their trunks!
Day 7: Lakonia to Mani area
We ride over the mountain pass of Taygetos, one of the best biking roads in Greece. Prepare for hairpins and dramatic changes in the landscape, going from the dry plains of south Lakonia through and over the green slopes of Taygetos mountain, and then south to the rugged coastline of western Mani.
Day 8: Mani area loop ride, or rest!
We ride around the peninsula of the Mani area, discovering its rugged landscape and its tower stone built houses, strongholds of old times that still stand as representative icons of the region. We visit the caves of Diros (unless you feel claustrophobic!), where we take a boat ride on a subterranean river that spans for many kilometers!
Since we are staying by the seaside, you are free to just choose not to ride and relax by the sea!
Day 9 : ride to Nafplio
From the rugged coastline of Mani, over the deep forests of mountain Parnonas, and then to the east coastline of the Argolis province and to the town of Nafplion, the first capital of the reborn Greek nation after the revolution war agains the Ottoman empire.
Day 10 : Nafplio, local ride or rest
Nafplio town invites the visitor to spend a whole day there, discovering its charms. The old castle of Palamidi, the old neighborhoods of the fishermen, the narrow, venetian style alleys and streets of the historic center.
But if you feel like riding, then you have the option to do a local loop ride (unescorted) along the Argolic gulf.
Day 11: Return to Athens
We visit ancient Epidaurus and gaze the marvel of architecture that the ancient theater is. We continue on secondary country roads all the way until Athens, where we renew our appointment for a few hours later, when we have a farewell diner late in the evening.
Day 12: your flight back home
We suggest that you make arranges for departure on day 11 and not on day 10, so that you will have an easy-going return to the end point of the tour.
2020 Prices in Euros
|(all prices in euros)||Single Rider, single room||Rider and Pillion, double room||2 Riders sharing twin room|
|BMW R 1250 /1200 GS||5,510||7,110||9,520|
|BMW F 750 GS||5,160||6,760||8,820|
|HONDA NC 750X||4,890||6,480||8,260|
|HONDA CB 500X||4,760||6,360||8,020|
Booking deposit : 1,000 euros
Outstanding payment: no later than 45 days prior to tour start.
- Minimum participation of 3 riders is required. For 2 riders or single private tour, the cost is higher. Please contact us for a quote.
- For a self-guided tour price quote, please contact us mentioning possible or required dates.
11 – 22 May, Fully booked !
18 – 29 May, Fully booked !
c) 28 September – 9 October, registration/booking deadline : 1 June 2020
and on demand : any dates with a minimum of 3 riders signing up
2021 provisional dates
a) 15 – 26 May
b) 18 – 29 September
c) 2 – 13 October
What is Included in the price you pay
– 11 nights accommodation (including the day you arrive to Athens and last night again in Athens) and 11 breakfasts
– 10 diners, including a welcome and a farewell diner in Athens. Alcoholic drinks excluded.
– Airport transfers to and from Athens on arrival and departure
– Experienced lead guide on a motorcycle, English speaking.
– Driver and support vehicle for luggage (1 per person) and passengers (2 seats)
– Rental of BMW Motorcycle, with side panniers and top case.
– 3rd party liability insurance
– motorcycle damage and theft coverage with insurance excess (varies per model)
– Tour booklet containing information, maps, routes, waypoints, contacts etc
– Road tolls
– All taxes
– Lunches & snacks during the riding hours & drinks
– Personal daily expenses & tips
– Fees for local museum/site guides (to archeological sites, museums, outdoors activities)
– Entrance fees to archeological sites and museums
– Cost of optional side-activities (rafting etc.)
– Personal travel insurance
– Visas (if required)
– Anything else not described as “included”.
Tailor this tour to your needs!
We can adjust the tour to fit your preferences. Add or remove days, see more destinations, or ask for different dates! Perhaps you feel that you don’t need the services of a support car and wish to do the tour without one to lower the cost?
For these parameters or anything else you might want to change, contact us!
STAY UP TO DATE!
Subscribe to our newsletter to know about changes in this tour, offers, or new tour announcements!