1. Tour Operator and the Contract
All motorcycle tours (“Tours”) and motorcycle rentals are operated by MotoGreece Private Company, Astidamantos 85, 11634, Athens, Greece. The Participants(s) is/are the person(s) listed on the MotoGreece booking form (“Participant(s)” / “You”).
2. Changes of Contract, Verbal Changes.
Variation of the terms of this contract is only valid if done so in writing and signed by both the Participant(s) and an authorized representative of MotoGreece
3.1. The booking form is signed between MotoGreece and You. By completing an on-line reservation/booking form for a tour, or by signing and posting/ faxing a booking form, you agree and accept these Terms and Conditions as a binding contract between MotoGreece and You.
3.2. Once these documents have been signed and received by MotoGreece, we will send You a written notification (via email, fax, or post) of availability that includes the services in detail and the amount to be paid. The Participant(s) must provide additional payment for any individualservices that they may require on conclusion of the contractual agreement or during the trip.
3.3. You have to make a reservation deposit payment as will be described in the previous communication (3.2). Once we verify with our bank that the deposit payment has been received, we will send you a written confirmation by email or post/fax of your booking being reserved and a contract (“Agreement”) is then made between MotoGreece and the Participant(s).
3.4. The final prerequisite for the Participant(s) is a signed liability release waiver and the rental agreements for the use of motorcycles provided by MotoGreece. These documents are signed prior we deliver to you the motorcycle or prior the start of the tour.
3.5. MotoGreece reserves the right to decline any booking at their discretion
4. Deposit, Payments
4.1. Payments may be made by one of the following ways:
a) Paypal, by following the payment link provided in the written notification of clause 3.2.
b) electronic bank transfer. For electronic transfer, we will notify the Participant(s) of our bank details separately.
c) Credit Card, by following the payment link provided in the written notification of clause 3.2. We accept VISA, Mastercard, American Express or any credit card that can be processed by the online payment portal that is provided by PayPal.
4.2. A reservation deposit is required for each Participant booking a Tour, in order to establish and hold a reservation. The amount of the reservation deposit varies per tour and is published in each tour’s respective web page. Reservations are based upon first come basis and space on each tour is limited. Until MotoGreece confirms with the bank that the deposit has been received, no booking attempt should be considered as complete.
4.3. The remaining balance (final payment) is due and payable forty-five (45) days before the start of the tour. Should the Participant(s) balance not be paid on the due date, we reserve the right to cancel the Participant(s) reservation and no refund of the deposit will be made.
4.4. Should the Participant(s) make a booking less than 45 days prior to a tour’s start, the full amount is due immediately.
4.5. For custom made/bespoke tours : A non-refundable handling fee of 100 euros per person has to be paid with the tour request, in addition to the regular reservation deposit of clause 4.2.
Only the items specifically listed in the “What’s Included” on our website and in our brochures are included in the price. Therefore, for clarity, the following items are not part of the price and are an additional cost to the Participant(s), and do not form part of the contract:
• Airline tickets to get to the Start and to depart from the Finish of each tour
• Personal travel, accident and medical insurance,
• If you are bringing your own motorcycle : third party motorcycle insurance cover, breakdown cover, or any type of vehicle comprehensive insurance.
• Personal spending money, meals & dinners (except where stated), optional excursions or side-activities and other extras.
• Personal documentation (e.g. passport, visas if required),
• Fuel, tolls, traffic fines
• Additional transportation of you or your motorcycle en route where the Participant or their motorcycle cannot continue beyond the short and temporary assistance offered by MotoGreece.
• Any other item not specifically included in the price.
6. Travel Insurance
6.1. MotoGreece does not offer travel insurance of any kind. MotoGreece recommends that you take out adequate travel insurance, including cover for medical treatment, accidents and repatriation, holiday cancellation and curtailment. It is at our discretion to request proof that such insurance cover is in effect.
6.2. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, MotoGreece will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
7. Nature of Motorcycling and Acceptance of Risks
7.1. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you:
• are aware that the Tour in addition to the usual dangers and risks inherent has certain additional dangers and risks, some of which may include: physical exertion for which you may not be prepared, weather extremes subject to sudden and unexpected change, remoteness from normal medical services, evacuation difficulties if you are injured.
• acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of motorcycle travel is derived in the part from the inherent risks incurred by riding a motorcycle, an activity beyond the levels of safety at home or at work, and that these inherent risks contribute to the enjoyment and excitement and therefore are reasons for your participation.
• acknowledge that the nature of this type of travel requires a considerable degree of flexibility and you must allow for alternatives such as having to take an alternative road/ route, a change in hotel accommodation, the group assisting each other through an unforeseen challenge which delays our schedule. The decision of the tour leader is final in this and you agree to comply with such decision.
• understand that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities, may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events, such as, sickness, mechanical breakdown, strikes, road closures, climate or other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances.
• accept that you must be of a skill level higher than that of a novice/ beginner rider to complete the tour which you have booked. The level of riding difficulty will be clearly marked in our brochure/ website to allow you to make an informed decision when booking. Nevertheless it is your responsibility to ensure you have sufficient riding skills and the necessary license and equipment to comfortably complete the tour you have booked.
7.2. Participants, their baggage and property travel entirely at their own risk, acknowledging that participating in a motorcycle tour means that certain risks can occur.
8. Tour & Itinerary Changes
8.1. The itineraries and other details are published in good faith. The running times are estimates derived from MotoGreece’s staff experience, and we will not be liable for any loss (howseover caused) arising from the delay to operate services in accordance to published timings.
8.2. MotoGreece attempts to arrange tour dates at a time when the weather conditions are pleasant for motorcycling. MotoGreece is not liable for unpleasant weather conditions and no refunds will be made for such conditions.
8.3. If any additional expenses are incurred by the Participant(s) through delays, accidents, or disruption in planned itineraries because of force majeure, or are considered advisable by us, then these are borne by the Participant(s).
8.4. The Participant(s) accept that force majeure may prevent MotoGreece from supplying the Tour as described and MotoGreece will have no liability in this regard.
8.5. MotoGreece reserves the right to amend the tour schedule. This may be due to several reasons, not limited to but including, war, adverse weather conditions, riots and or matters concerning participants safety, operational circumstances such as bike theft or damage caused by fire. In these circumstances the itinerary such as the tour routing, attractions and hotels may need to be adjusted accordingly. This may also mean a tour finishing earlier or later than planned.
8.6. MotoGreece is not liable for any additional costs or losses that may be incurred by the tour participant due to the tours change of schedule. This includes, but is not limited to, any extra hotel reservations or car rentals, or the cost of non-refundable airline tickets. Situations may arise which, in our opinion, make it necessary for us to alter the normal schedule of the tour, change itineraries or make substitutions regarding hotels, cities, tour guides and other travel arrangements. We advise that your travel insurance covers holiday curtailment.
8.7. Any minor changes to the scheduled routes or overnight accommodation shall not be considered as a change to the offered services provided the changes, deviations or variations do not substantially alter the overall character of the booked tour.
8.8. The tour price includes hotel accommodation in double or twin rooms. If participant travels alone, but wish to share a double room, MotoGreece will try to find a roommate that is in the same situation. If MotoGreece cannot find a roommate, the single supplement will have to be charged. A limited number of single rooms are available at extra cost on a first-come basis, but availability cannot be guaranteed.
8.9. If the hotel initially confirmed the single room availability and the Participant(s) paid the single-room supplement but in the course of the tour and despite confirmation, the hotel is not able to provide you with the single room confirmed, we will reimburse proportionally the additional amount paid to us.
8.10. No refund will be made for any unused services which are included in the tour price.
9. Tour Leader
9.1. Our Tours are run by a Tour Leader (Tour Guide). The decision of the Leader is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any Participant, including riding competency of any Participant, any change to itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances or the removal of a Participant from the tour.
9.2. If you fail to comply with a decision made by the Leader, or interfere with the well-being of the group, the Leader may order you to leave the Tour immediately, with no right of refund. In such circumstance, where a Participant is removed from a tour, MotoGreece accepts no responsibility for their return home or to the start point or any other costs incurred therein.
10. Riding Safety, Traffic laws, Group Travel Regulations
10.1. The Participant(s) must abide by all local laws and customs and traffic regulations. If the Participant(s) do not comply with local traffic laws or the requirements for group travel as stipulated by MotoGreece staff, the contract may be cancelled and the rental motorcycle withdrawn. No refund will be given in such circumstances.
10.2. If MotoGreece staff think the Participant(s) do not comply with traffic laws or are driving in a way that can harm the rider, passenger or any other tour participants or bystanders then MotoGreece staff reserve the right to caution the Participant(s) and/or cancel the contract and secure the rental motorcycle. No refund will be given in such circumstances.
10.3. If the Participant(s) are using their own bike then in these circumstances to protect the other tour members we may exclude the offending Participant(s) from the tour and withdraw all guiding, backup and tour services from them. Any fines or prosecutions will be the responsibility of the offending party.
10.4. A participant is responsible for all traffic tickets received during the tour. A service charge will apply for all unpaid tickets.
11. Changing Participants or Tours, Transfer of booking
11.1. You may make one change to the passenger or pillion without charge. Further changes to passenger or pillion names will incur an administration charge of 50€ per name change.
11.2. You may assign your tour to another Participant at any time up to one (1) calendar month before the start of the tour, provided that the new Participants fulfills the necessary requirements to join a tour.
11.3. The change of the Paricipant has to be made in writing (email, or fax) and is subject to a written confirmation by MotoGreece. The new Participant must complete and sign a booking form and a release waiver.
11.4. If the Participant(s) wish to transfer their booking to another available tour date or an alternative tour, this is treated as cancellation of the original booking and the cancellation terms of clause 12 are applicable. For the new alternative tour or new alternative date of the original tour, a new booking procedure has to be made
12.2 Cancellation by Participant & Refunds – for tours/ non-COVID related
12.2.1. It is important that we protect the viability of the Tour to ensure that Participants who do not cancel are protected from lower numbers in the events others do cancel.
12.2.2. Should you have to cancel your trip we must receive notice in writing (email or fax).
12.2.3 Non COVID-19 related Cancellation fees/ charges, are applied as follows. If we receive the cancellation request:
Cancellation fees/ charges, are applied as follows. If we receive the cancellation request:
- up to 90 days before the start of the tour: we refund the reservation deposit minus any transaction fees that are charged by the banks or by PayPal or by any payment gateway/method that has been used.
- Alternatively, you may postpone/re-book for a future date at no cost. The rebooking must take place at the same time that you request to cancel the 1st booking.
- 89 to 61 days before the start of the tour: we refund 50% of the reservation deposit. 50% of the reservation deposit is charged as cancellation fee.
- Alternatively, you may postpone/re-book for a future date with a fee of 25% of the reservation deposit. The rebooking must take place at the same time that you request to cancel the 1st booking, and you may only re-book once with no cost. Subsequent re-bookings are subject to the cancellation fees as stated herein.
- 60 – 45 days before the start of the tour: 30% of the tour cost is charged as a cancellation fee.
- 44 – 30 days before the start of the tour: 35% of the tour cost is charged as a cancellation fee.
- 29 – 16 days before the start of the tour: 45% of the tour cost is charged as a cancellation fee.
- 15 days and less, before the start of the tour: no refunds are to be made. The 100% of the money paid are charged.
12.2.4. We strongly recommend that you obtain trip cancellation insurance from an insurance company
13. Cancellations by MotoGreece & Refunds
13.1. We reserve the right to cancel any tour if the number if participants booked does not meet the minimum requirement to operate the trip. Should that occur, the Participant(s) options are:
A) transfer to an alternative Tour or an alternative date to your satisfaction, which may involve an additional payment or a partial refund
B) if the above option does not satisfy you, you will get a full refund of monies paid to MotoGreece
13.2. If a tour is cancelled, MotoGreece will not be liable for additional costs or losses incurred by Participant(s) due to the cancellation of the tour. This includes, but is not limited to, the cost of prepaid airline tickets, hotel reservations and expenses made to other parties but not to MotoGreece.
13.3. MotoGreece is not liable to make refunds once the tour commences regardless of the reason for Participant(s) being unable to complete the tour.
13.4. MotoGreece cannot be made liable for unpleasant or unsuitable weather conditions and no refunds are made for such conditions.
14.1. If and when the services of a support vehicle are included in the Tour, we can carry one soft bag of luggage or one medium sized suitcase for each tour participant in the support vehicle. Items of an immediate or personal nature such as passport, money, camera, suntan lotion, beach or day wear etc should be carried in the motorcycle’s panniers.
14.2. MotoGreece assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage or delay in delivering baggage to tour participants. Any loss, damage or delay of luggage carried by MotoGreece should be insured under the Participant(s) own travel insurance policy.
15. Our Motorcycles on tour
15.1. For motorcycles that are provided to the Participant(s) by MotoGreece as a rental, the cost is included in the tour costs.
15.2. MotoGreece will attempt to provide the trip Participant(s) with the model of motorcycle initially confirmed to the Participant(s). If after having confirmed the model of motorcycle requested, MotoGreece finds that it is necessary to substitute a different model, MotoGreece will notify the Participant(s) as soon as possible. If the Participant(s) do not wish to accept the proposed substitution the Participant(s) may cancel the trip without penalty and the deposit will be refunded.
15.3. Unexpected and uncontrollable situations may require last minute substitution of a motorcycle including after the tour has begun. This may include but is not limited to mechanical failure, collision, damage and theft. In this circumstance MotoGreece reserves the right to substitute the type of motorcycle confirmed. Should MotoGreece not be able to replace a motorcycle with the confirmed type or similar, a prorated refund for the difference in models, if any, will be refunded to the Participant(s).
15.4. The motorcycle that MotoGreece provides to the Participant(s) will be insured as per the provisions of clause 10 of the document “Rental Agreement” .
15.5. The Participant(s) responsibilities and obligations regarding the use of the rental motorcycle provided by MotoGreece are defined in clause 7 of the document “Rental Agreement”.
15.6. In the event the Participant(s) damage the motorcycle during a tour and if it becomes unrideable, then the Participant(s) may have to finish the tour in the support vehicle. We cannot guarantee we will always be able to fix the motorcycle during the tour.
16. Participants Responsibilities & Obligations
16.1 The Participant(s) must have in their possession during the Tour the following documents which must be current and valid and are in respect of their vehicle and the Participant(s)
• Driving (Riding) license of the Participant(s) country of residence.
• In addition, Non-EU citizens whose license is not printed in English, must have an International Driving Permit.
• If bringing your own motorcycle: the vehicle’s registration document and/ or title, and the vehicle’s 3rd party liability insurance documents
16.2. If a visa is required, it is the Participant(s) responsibility to make all necessary arrangements to ensure compliance with visa requirements. We accept no responsibility whatsoever in the event that these matters are not dealt with prior to a tour’s/ rental period’s start.
16.3. Participant(s) who are forced to curtail their participation due to incorrect, lack of, or loss of necessary documents will not be refunded.
16.4. It is the Participant(s) responsibility to ensure that they seek professional medical advice before travelling and to take all necessary health precautions and preventative measures. The Participant(s) must inform us of any medical, physical, mental or other condition, which may affect the services provided on the tour, including any condition that may arise en route.
16.5. The Participant(s) must provide their own riding equipment. Helmets are mandatory.
16.6. If the Participant(s) is bringing their own motorcycle for a tour, then:
• it is their responsibility to ensure that their motorcycle is in proper condition, is suitable for the tour and safe for use, is in good legal condition, and is covered by valid 3rd party liability insurance which must be valid and effective in Greece. No motorcycle insurance is provided by MotoGreece for Participant(s) owned motorcycles, and no insurance or damage deposit is required by us.
• it is their responsibility to make arrangements for road assistance and break down and damage recovery of their motorcycle. MotoGreece staff will try to help but we do not in any way accept responsibility for not being able to assist, if such a circumstance occurs.
• any costs incurred by damage, crash, accident or any other cause, to the Participant(s) own motorcycle are to be covered by the Participant(s).
• they are responsible for their own motorcycle, its use and how they ride it. They are also responsible for any pillion passenger being carried
• a road traffic accident that occurs to Participant(s) causing injury or death is not the responsibility of MotoGreece or the tour leader or the support team, unless we are shown to have been legally negligent.
16.7. By signing the booking form the Participant(s) agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Tour Leader during a tour. If in the opinion of the Tour Leader your health or conduct appears to endanger the progress of the tour, you may be excluded from the whole or part of the tour.
16.8. The Participant(s) agree NOT TO:
a) Allow any other person than the authorized persons named in the booking form to use the rental motorcycle.
b) Allow such authorised persons to drive the motorcycle (own or rental) if you or they are banned from driving or if you or they do not possess a valid driver’s license or are incapable of driving.
c) Drive the motorcycle (own or rental) if he/she himself/herself is banned from driving or if he/she does not possess a valid driver’s license.
g) Use the rental motorcycle off-road unless supervised or under the guidance of MotoGreece.
h) Use the rental motorbike as security or sell the rental motorcycle or dispose of the rental motorcycle or its parts, equipment, accessories and documents in any way that could infringe the rights of ownership of the rightful owner of the motorcycle.
i) Park the rental motorcycle on the road during the night, or in a dangerous position during the day.
j) Use the rental motorcycle for any trips out of the country.
17. Our Responsibilities
17.1 MotoGreece is responsible for providing the services as presented in the tour descriptions according to the local standards.
17.2. MotoGreece take no responsibility for any flight delays or scheduled changes which as a result might cause the Participant(s) to arrive delayed to the Tour start or not show at all. In such circumstances no refund will be considered.
17.3. MotoGreece is not responsible for participant’s personal effects if they are lost, stolen or destroyed. MotoGreece can not be held liable for any such loss irrespective if personal items are being carried on the MotoGreece support vehicle / bike or lost during a shipment organised by MotoGreece or kept for storage at MotoGreece premises.
17.4. Outdoor activities like swimming, river rafting, trekking or any other activity potentially suggested as a supplemental activity to the tour, are organized and offered by suppliers of such services and not by MotoGreece. MotoGreece is not responsible for any injuries, death or other damage caused to the Participant(s) during such activities.
17.5. MotoGreece is not responsible for any accidents. It is agreed and understood that neither MotoGreece nor it’s agents are the guardians of any customer safety and that they, individually or collectively, can not be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with the tour which might result in injury, death or other damage to the customer, his property or his family heirs or assigns.
18. Force Majeure
Means any unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our normal control, which the consequences of could not have been avoided even when exercising all due care. Such circumstances or events include, but are not limited to, war, or threat of war, riot, civil unrest, industrial disputes or strikes, unavoidable technical problems with transport, closure or congestion of airports, terrorist activity, natural disasters, industrial disasters, fire, theft, flooding and adverse weather conditions. In the event of any of the above, refunds or compensation payments cannot be made, nor can MotoGreece and any of their staff be held liable.
19. Accuracy,Printing, Typing, Calculation erros and Omissions
We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices both on our website and in our brochures are accurate, however changes and errors might occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances.
Should a participant feel that MotoGreece have not met their obligations it should first be brought to the attention of the accompanying leading tour guide, so that corrective action can be taken if possible. If however, the participant is not completely satisfied, any further comments should be put in writing, within 14 days of your return, specifying the tour identity and dates, and nature of the complaint to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Your complaint will be investigated, and responded to in the first instance within 14 days by email. Failure to follow the procedure set out in this clause may affect ours and the applicable supplier’s ability to investigate your complaint, and will affect your rights under this contract.
The contract and all matters arising from it are subject to Greek law and the jurisdiction of the Greek courts. In the event that any of the provisions of this contract will be determined by any court to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent then such provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining provisions of the contract, which will continue to be valid and enforceable.
Acceptance of Tour Terms and Conditions
I understand that I will be required to sign a Release and Waiver Form before I can participate in a MotoGreece Tour. I have read and accepted the terms of conditions of MotoGreece. I am aware that motorcycling can be dangerous. I am aware that traffic conditions, roads, weather and other conditions as well as the actions of other members of the trip can influence the risks. I agree to accept those risks. I am an experienced responsible and healthy motorcyclist with a valid motorcycle driver licence. As a passenger I am aware of the potential dangers of motorcycling. I further agree and understand that the owners, operators and agents of this trip, including MotoGreece, are not the guardians of my safety. They, individually or collectively, can not be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with the operation of my participation in the trip which might result in injury, death or other damage to me, my property or my family heirs or assigns.
document version: TTC2019-1-v.2/5-May-2019