12. Cancellations by Participant & Refunds
12.1. It is important that we protect the viability of the Tour to ensure that Participants who do not cancel are protected from lower numbers in the events others do cancel.
12.2. Should you have to cancel your trip we must receive notice in writing (email or fax).
12.3 Cancellation fees/ charges, are applied as follows. If we receive the cancellation request:
- up to 60 days before the start of the tour: we refund the reservation deposit minus 150 euros per person.
- 59 – 45 days before the start of the tour: the whole deposit is retained by MotoGreece. No deposit is refunded.
- 44 – 31 days before the start of the tour: 50 % of the money paid is refunded. 50% is retained by MotoGreece.
- 30 days and less, before the start of the tour: no refunds are to be made. The 100% of the money paid are retained by MotoGreece.
12.4. We strongly recommend that you obtain trip cancellation insurance from an insurance company.
13. Cancellations by MotoGreece & Refunds
13.1. We reserve the right to cancel any tour if the number if participants booked does not meet the minimum requirement to operate the trip. Should that occur, the Participant(s) options are:
- transfer to an alternative Tour or an alternative date to your satisfaction, which may involve an additional payment or a partial refund
- a full refund of monies paid.
13.2. If a tour is cancelled, MotoGreece will not be liable for additional costs or losses incurred by Participant(s) due to the cancellation of the tour. This includes, but is not limited to, the cost of prepaid airline tickets, hotel reservations.
13.3. MotoGreece is not liable to make refunds once the tour commences regardless of the reason for Participant(s) being unable to complete the tour.
13.4. MotoGreece cannot be made liable for unpleasant or unsuitable weather conditions and no refunds are made for such conditions.
14.1. If and when the services of a support vehicle are included in the Tour, we can carry one soft bag of luggage or one medium sized suitcase for each tour participant in the support vehicle. Items of an immediate or personal nature such as passport, money, camera, suntan lotion, beach or day wear etc should be carried in the motorcycle’s panniers.
14.2. MotoGreece assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage or delay in delivering baggage to tour participants. Any loss, damage or delay of luggage carried by MotoGreece should be insured under the Participant(s) own travel insurance policy.
15. Our Motorcycles on tour
15.1. For motorcycles that are provided to the Participant(s) by MotoGreece as a rental, the cost is included in the tour costs.
15.2. MotoGreece will attempt to provide the trip Participant(s) with the model of motorcycle initially confirmed to the Participant(s). If after having confirmed the model of motorcycle requested, MotoGreece finds that it is necessary to substitute a different model, MotoGreece will notify the Participant(s) as soon as possible. If the Participant(s) do not wish to accept the proposed substitution the Participant(s) may cancel the trip without penalty and the deposit will be refunded.
15.3. Unexpected and uncontrollable situations may require last minute substitution of a motorcycle including after the tour has begun. This may include but is not limited to mechanical failure, collision, damage and theft. In this circumstance MotoGreece reserves the right to substitute the type of motorcycle confirmed. Should MotoGreece not be able to replace a motorcycle with the confirmed type or similar, a prorated refund for the difference in models, if any, will be refunded to the Participant(s).
15.4. The motorcycle that MotoGreece provides to the Participant(s) will be insured as per the provisions of clause 11 of the document “Rental Terms & Conditions“.
15.5. The Participant(s) responsibilities and obligations regarding the use of the rental motorcycle provided by MotoGreece are defined in clause 13 of the document “Rental Terms & Conditions”.
15.6. In the event the Participant(s) damage the motorcycle during a tour and if it becomes unrideable, then the Participant(s) may have to finish the tour in the support vehicle. We cannot guarantee we will always be able to fix the motorcycle during the tour.
16. Participants Responsibilities & Obligations
16.1 The Participant(s) must have in their possession during the Tour the following documents which must be current and valid and are in respect of their vehicle and the Participant(s)
- Driving (Riding) license of the Participant(s) country of residence. In addition, Non-EU citizens whose license is not printed in English, must have an International Driving Permit or a translation of their license formally issued by an authority such as the ministry of foreign affairs, an embassy or a foreign consulate of their country.
- If bringing your own motorcycle: the vehicle’s registration document and/ or title, and the vehicle’s 3rd party liability insurance documents
16.2. If a visa is required, it is the Participant(s) responsibility to make all necessary arrangements to ensure compliance with visa requirements. We accept no responsibility whatsoever in the event that these matters are not dealt with prior to a tour’s/ rental period’s start.
16.3. Participant(s) who are forced to curtail their participation due to incorrect, lack of, or loss of necessary documents will not be refunded.
16.4. It is the Participant(s) responsibility to ensure that they seek professional medical advice before travelling and to take all necessary health precautions and preventative measures. The Participant(s) must inform us of any medical, physical, mental or other condition, which may affect the services provided on the tour, including any condition that may arise en route.
16.5. The Participant(s) must provide their own riding equipment. Helmets are mandatory.
16.6. If the Participant(s) is bringing their own motorcycle for a tour, then:
- it is their responsibility to ensure that their motorcycle is in proper condition, is suitable for the tour and safe for use, is in good legal condition, and is covered by valid 3rd party liability insurance which must be valid and effective in Greece. No motorcycle insurance is provided by MotoGreece for Participant(s) owned motorcycles, and no insurance or damage deposit is required by us.
- it is their responsibility to make arrangements for road assistance and break down and damage recovery of their motorcycle. MotoGreece staff will try to help but we do not in any way accept responsibility for not being able to assist, if such a circumstance occurs.
- any costs incurred by damage, crash, accident or any other cause, to the Participant(s) own motorcycle are to be covered by the Participant(s).
- they are responsible for their own motorcycle, its use and how they ride it. They are also responsible for any pillion passenger being carried
- a road traffic accident that occurs to Participant(s) causing injury or death is not the responsibility of MotoGreece or the tour leader or the support team, unless we are shown to have been legally negligent.
16.7. By signing the booking form the Participant(s) agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Tour Leader during a tour. If in the opinion of the Tour Leader your health or conduct appears to endanger the progress of the tour, you may be excluded from the whole or part of the tour.
16.8. The Participant(s) agree NOT TO:
- a) Allow any other person than the authorized persons named in the booking form to use the rental motorcycle.
- b) Allow such authorised persons to drive the motorcycle (own or rental) if you or they are banned from driving or if you or they do not possess a valid driver’s license or are incapable of driving.
- c) Drive the motorcycle (own or rental) if he/she himself/herself is banned from driving or if he/she does not possess a valid driver’s license.
- g) Use the rental motorcycle off-road unless supervised or under the guidance of MotoGreece.
- h) Use the rental motorbike as security or sell the rental motorcycle or dispose of the rental motorcycle or its parts, equipment, accessories and documents in any way that could infringe the rights of ownership of the rightful owner of the motorcycle.
- i) Park the rental motorcycle on the road during the night, or in a dangerous position during the day.
- j) Use the rental motorcycle for any trips out of the country.
18. Our Responsibilities
17.1 MotoGreece is responsible for providing the services as presented in the tour descriptions according to the local standards.
17.2. MotoGreece take no responsibility for any flight delays or scheduled changes which as a result might cause the Participant(s) to arrive delayed to the Tour start or not show at all. In such circumstances no refund will be considered.
17.3. MotoGreece is not responsible for participant’s personal effects if they are lost, stolen or destroyed. MotoGreece can not be held liable for any such loss irrespective if personal items are being carried on the MotoGreece support vehicle / bike or lost during a shipment organised by MotoGreece or kept for storage at MotoGreece premises.
17.4. Outdoor activities like swimming, river rafting, trekking or any other activity potentially suggested as a supplemental activity to the tour, are organized and offered by suppliers of such services and not by MotoGreece. MotoGreece is not responsible for any injuries, death or other damage caused to the Participant(s) during such activities.
17.5. MotoGreece is not responsible for any accidents. It is agreed and understood that neither MotoGreece nor it’s agents are the guardians of any customer safety and that they, individually or collectively, can not be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with the tour which might result in injury, death or other damage to the customer, his property or his family heirs or assigns.
18. Force Majeure
18.1 Means any unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our normal control, which the consequences of could not have been avoided even when exercising all due care. Such circumstances or events include, but are not limited to, war, or threat of war, riot, civil unrest, industrial disputes or strikes, unavoidable technical problems with transport, closure or congestion of airports, terrorist activity, natural disasters, industrial disasters, fire, theft, flooding and adverse weather conditions. In the event of any of the above, refunds or compensation payments cannot be made, nor can MotoGreece and any of their staff be held liable
19. Accuracy,Printing, Typing, Calculation erros and Omissions
19.1. We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices both on our website and in our brochures are accurate, however changes and errors might occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances.
20.1. Should a participant feel that MotoGreece have not met their obligations it should first be brought to the attention of the accompanying leading tour guide, so that corrective action can be taken if possible. If however, the participant is not completely satisfied, any further comments should be put in writing, within 14 days of your return, specifying the tour identity and dates, and nature of the complaint to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Your complaint will be investigated, and responded to in the first instance within 14 days by email. Failure to follow the procedure set out in this clause may affect ours and the applicable supplier’s ability to investigate your complaint, and will affect your rights under this contract.
21.1. The contract and all matters arising from it are subject to Greek law and the jurisdiction of the Greek courts. In the event that any of the provisions of this contract will be determined by any court to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent then such provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining provisions of the contract, which will continue to be valid and enforceable.
Acceptance of Tour Terms and Conditions
I understand that I will be required to sign a Release and Waiver Form before I can participate in a MotoGreece Tour. I have read and accepted the terms of conditions of MotoGreece. I am aware that motorcycling can be dangerous. I am aware that traffic conditions, roads, weather and other conditions as well as the actions of other members of the trip can influence the risks. I agree to accept those risks. I am an experienced responsible and healthy motorcyclist with a valid motorcycle driver licence. As a passenger I am aware of the potential dangers of motorcycling. I further agree and understand that the owners, operators and agents of this trip, including MotoGreece, are not the guardians of my safety. They, individually or collectively, can not be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with the operation of my participation in the trip which might result in injury, death or other damage to me, my property or my family heirs or assigns.
Document version: TTC2016-2-v1.2